Is It Time To Rewire Your Home?

Posted on: 2 May 2018

Electricity plays a critical role in the day-to-day lives of modern homeowners. Appliances, personal devices, and electronics all rely on a steady flow of electricity to function properly.

While electricity is a valuable asset, it can be dangerous when the wiring in your home is not equipped to handle your electrical demands. If you encounter any of the following problems, contact an experienced electrician to update the wiring in your home.

1. You don't have enough outlets to meet your needs.

If you want the electrical devices in your home to work, you need to be able to plug them into power sockets. Homes with older wiring often have a limited number of sockets in each room. This is because the old wiring is not rated to support the electrical currents required to service multiple sockets.

Carefully examine each of the rooms in your home. If there are only one or two power sockets in each room, your wiring is probably old. You will benefit from a full-home rewiring that allows you to add more sockets to your residence safely.

2. You experience frequent blown fuses.

Fuses play an important role in the function of your home's electrical system. Your home is divided into various electrical zones, and each zone is connected to a different fuse. The fuse exists to help prevent an individual electrical circuit from transmitting too much electrical energy.

Overloading a circuit could result in an electrical fire, so the fuse blows and shuts down the circuit as a safety precaution. If you are experiencing frequent blown fuses, your home's electrical wiring might not be equipped to handle your electrical demands. Rewiring the house will make your electrical currents more accessible and ensure the safety of your property in the future.

3. Your light switches or sockets get warm after extensive use.

You should take note of the temperature of your light switches and power sockets after extensive use. The protective plating covering these electrical switches and sockets should remain at room temperature. If you notice that the switches or sockets feel warm to the touch, this is a sign of serious electrical problems.

Over time, the wiring in your home can begin to break down. This compromises the electrical connections that allow you to turn on your lights or plug-in electrical devices. Heat is generated when electrical energy escapes faulty wiring, so a warm plug should be addressed by rewiring your home to improve electrical flow. Check out a website like https://electricatoz.com/ for more information and assistance. 

Share